Monday, February 7, 2011

Feeling Crafty

I was going to post a part 2 of Favorite Finds Friday, but I didn't get a chance to over the weekend. Instead, I got my craft on. :) I can't show you all that I did yet, but I can show you my favorite thing I made. Or things, I should say.

February is Heart Month. This week, February 7-14, 2011, is CHD Awareness Week. I mentioned last week that my daughter was born with a condition called Tetralogy of Fallot. You can read more about it here and here. In honor of the week and the love filled holiday coming up next Monday, I decided to make her and her favorite bunny heart dresses. You'll have to forgive the pictures, I was having some trouble with the camera settings.

It's hard to see, but the white fabric is pleated down the front.


The heart is a pocket.
I had never made clothes before, so it was a learning experience. This post from Christie at A Lemon Squeezy Home was super helpful when it came to the construction and sizing. I wish that I had added ribbon or some kind of tie around the waist, since it ended up just a tad too big, but nothing a handy safety pin couldn't fix. I was going to do a tutorial, but couldn't see a need with so many awesome dress tutes already out there in blogland. Scarlett was super excited that she had a heart dress and even more excited when I showed her the little one I made for her bunny! Totally worth the billion times I pricked my fingers with stupid (but necessary) pins. We had studio pictures taken today, since I had a coupon. If you'd like to see them, you can do that here. (Please don't be a creeper and order them or anything. Thanks)

Here is Bunny and a few pics of Little Red hamming it up.









I'm going to do my best to link up to all the fabulous places over on my sidebar. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Also, I thought I'd mention that MO weather stinks! This will be the second week in a row that quilting was cancelled because of the stupid icy weather. Seriously not cool.







I'm also linking up here:

 Did you know that The Idea Room has a community site now? It's pretty cool, you should go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure your e-mail address is attached to your Blogger profile so I can reply. Thanks for stopping by!