Friday, December 31, 2010

More Showing Off

Hello! I want to welcome my new followers to SVH! Thank you so much for stopping by! Starting next year (hehe) I will be posting on more of a regular schedule. I'm still working it out, and I'm looking for suggestions, so if there is anything that you would like to see here at Sew Very Happy, please leave a comment! Now, to the main event:

A Wreath I have seen beautiful ornament wreaths all over the blogosphere lately, and decided to take a crack at it myself. It cost me under $3 to make. Yay! Thank you Dollar Tree! This one adorns our front door. 

You can't really see it in the pic, but one ornament in each group was completely covered in glitter. (Those were my favorites!)

Tablerunners My step-mom asked me to make tablerunners for her sisters. Originally, she wanted this one to be 12' long. It ended up being around 80" and I saved the remaining blocks to be used on something else...in the future...far away. The second tablerunner is just like this one, but green and only 50" long.

(Please excuse the mess.)
Scarlett was 'helping'.

Here's a close-up. The snowflakes are made of felt. I used Wonder Under, then stitched down the center of each arm.

 Quilts Here are some pictures of the quilts that I made for my siblings. I will very likely be killed for posting this one of Becky. Mickey was half asleep when I made him hold his quilt up. It looks kind of funny since he's holding it from the side.
Pay no attention to that girl behind the quilt!

Mickey wasn't tired or anything, can you tell?

All in all, I think I did pretty good, considering I procrastinated got a late start on everything. I've learned my lesson though, I think next year I will start my Cday crafting in July.Let's hope I don't forget...or put it off...

Now that I'm done showing off, let's talk, ok? I am so excited for tomorrow. One of my favorite people in the world is getting married and I'm so happy for him. My friend Steve is like my little brother. I truly believe that you do not have to be blood related to be family, and he is most definitely family. I met Steve in the youth group at church and we became fast friends. I used to drag him around with me everywhere, not that he minded!  He's an Infantry Soldier in the U.S. Army, stationed in TX so I don't get to see him but look forward to his calls every other week. He's one of the kindest, most caring people you will ever meet! He's grown up into an amazing man and I am so proud of him. I hope he and Megan have the best day tomorrow and I hope that their life together is full of love and laughter!

It looks like it's past my bed time, so I'll go. Thanks for reading and, since I won't be on here tomorrow:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure your e-mail address is attached to your Blogger profile so I can reply. Thanks for stopping by!