Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February and Hoo Are You?

 Hello all! Since it's February 1st, I wanted to share something with you that's really close to my heart. Those of you have read the 'Meet Sarah' page know that my beautiful daughter Scarlett was born with a heart condition called Tetralogy of Fallot, consisting of 4 defects.February is Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Awareness Month. There's a little blurb that is going around Facebook, and I wanted to post it here too: 
CHD stands for Congenital Heart Defects. It also stands for open heart surgeries, needles, hospital stays, numerous doctors appointments, and medication. You can't tell when a child has a Congenital Heart Defect, their clothes cover up their scars and cover up the truth. Please join me during the month of February in spreading CHD Awareness!
1 out of every 100 babies born in America are born with a heart condition. Many children are lucky and their defect is completely benign, others aren't so lucky and have to deal with much, much more. I encourage you to keep these families in your thoughts and if you can, donate to a charity like the Ronald McDonald House. They provide lodging and meals for families when their child is in the hospital. My family is lucky to live close enough to the hospital that it isn't an issue, but for some families it makes a real difference.

Thanks for listening. Now, on to
NightOwlCrafting

Here are this week's questions!

1. Are you married/in a relationship/single? For how long?
This is a fun question. I'm technically still married to my ex. We've been married since '06, separated since '07. I've been with my super amazing guy, Ralphie since '07. We got together about 6 months after my separation and not long after that we found that we were expecting. Surprise! Anyhow, in the state of MO, you can't get divorced when you are pregnant, so I had to wait. Then my daughter was born with heart issues and I was too stressed out to even worry about getting a divorce. I've been trying to work with my ex on getting a divorce, but it's difficult since I can't afford a lawyer and he will only communicate with me (rarely) on Facebook. Ralphie is amazing and I'll totally marry him as soon as I can get divorced. (Come on tax refund!)
2. What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy it?
I'm a WAHM, or at least I aspire to be. I'm working on my handmade business (also called Sew Very Happy). I haven't launched my Etsy shop yet, but I will soon and this summer I will have a booth at a local farmer's market. I love that I get to spend so much time with my beautiful girl and I love crafting. It's the best job ever. 
3. In what state do you live? Where were you born and raised?
I live in Missouri. I was born and raised here. I live very close to St. Louis. I'm not a big fan of the city, but I totally love St. Charles. I'll live there again. 
4. Do you have children? If so, how many? If not, do you want them?
 I have one beautiful daughter, Scarlett. She's 2 1/2. I'd love to have another, but we're not in a position to do that just yet.
5. Who is your favorite blogger to follow and why? 
This is a really hard question. I follow over 100 blogs, so I have lots of favorites. I don't want to leave anyone out, so I'm going to take the coward's way out and tell you to check my favorite blogs list on the sidebar. 

That's all for today. Head on over to Night Owl Crafting to link up and join the fun!

I totally love you guys, thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure your e-mail address is attached to your Blogger profile so I can reply. Thanks for stopping by!